Maintaining a good credit score is a hard job in today’s time, given the stringent measurement tools used to calculate it. It so Credit One Banks absurd to have more Credit Cards to improve your score, but it is true!
Credit One Bank specializes in Credit Card services and helps with improving your credit score with their prompt data entry at 3 Credit Score databases on your payments of their dues.
Adding to this, they bring a plethora of offers and benefits to you if you sign up for their card. It is an easy to use card services with all the control being on your mobile phone in their IOS and Android application.
Read ahead to know more about this different Credit Card Experience.
- 1 How To Login Credit One Bank Online?
- 2 About Credit One Bank
- 3 History of Credit One Bank
- 4 Merits of Credit One Bank A/C
- 5 Demerits of Credit One Bank A/C
- 6 Types of Cards
- 7 How To Create a Credit One Bank A/C?
- 8 Customer Service
- 9 Conclusion
How To Login Credit One Bank Online?
The biggest advantage of having a Credit One Bank account is that you can handle and manage it on-the-go by creating an online login and downloading their IOS or Android phone application. Once you have access, you can pay bills, view your statements, manage your account, and a lot more. You can follow these steps to get your online log-in:
- Head over to creditonebank.com.
- Under the “Online Account Access”, you shall find a blue tab – “Set up online account access” under the sign in tab.
- Once you click on it, you will be directed to a new page where you will be based to fill in a few pieces of information.
- Fill in your card number, good thru date (validity date), security code (3 or 4 digit number on the front or back of your card), and Social Security number. Click continue.
- You will be then asked to fill in basic information, a user id (must be at least 8 char long), and a password (min 8 char with one upper and lower char). This user ID and password will be your future log in to the online portal. Click continue.
- You will be asked to frame a few security questions. Make sure you put in something that you will remember for sure but will be hard for trespassers to guess. Once you are done with this, click submit and your Credit One Bank Online Log in will be ready.
- Now, go ahead and sign in with your new user id and password. You will be asked to confirm it is you by sending an OTP to your phone or email – ID. You can choose to click on remember this device to skip this step, every time you log in.
- Now, you can also download the Credit One Bank app on your phone through the IOS Store or Play Store and log in using your user ID and password. This helps you access your account anytime and anywhere without having to sit on a desktop or laptop.
The benefits of having this login are many, just make sure you have a strong password protecting it and never log in on an untrusted device.
About Credit One Bank
Credit One Bank is a banking services body based in Las Vegas, Nevada specializing in Credit Card services which they provide across the United States. They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Credit One Financial, which is S Corporation in alliance with Sherman Financial Group. Credit One Bank operates under the CEBA National Bank Charter, hence they are restricted from providing depository facilities which limit them to only Credit-lending operations.
They are a data-driven and technology-inspired organization that provides multiple Credit Card options which essentially help you in building your FICO Credit Score. Currently, they provide American Express, Master Card, and Visa Credit Cards.
Each card brings to you multiple offers over the cutting edge security, sensible benefits, and supportive features. Credit One Bank has a corporate partnership with NASCAR, the Big 12 Conference, and the Vegas Gold Knights, and provide a plethora of benefits to these Card holders.
According to present data, Credit One Bank is serving over 10,000,000+ Card members and have 9,500,000+ downloads for their mobile application.
History of Credit One Bank
Credit One Bank laid its foundation as First National Bank of Marin, way back in 1984 which was located in California. Back then, they provided a plethora of services to their customers by being a full-service bank. Moving ahead, by 1995 they started focusing their operations to limited areas which included – Partially and Fully Secured Credit Cards.
This is how the best Credit Card provider began its journey. The Office of Comptroller of the Currency, the USA gave them a “limited purpose designation” and they decided to shift to Nevada, around the same time. In 2005, First National Bank of Marin received the CEBA status and they eventually changed their name to the present – Credit One Bank, specializing and completely focusing on only Credit Card Services. Currently, they are headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, providing services all across the United States.
Merits of Credit One Bank A/C
Cutting Edge Security
- Credit One Bank is a technologically advanced organization that gives utmost priority to their customers’ security. They use top-notch security measures to protect you from misuse of your card after the theft, secure your data, and counterfeiting. These are Credit One Bank’s promises to ensure your peace of mind:
- Protection against theft: You can easily report about theft using their mobile application or their customer service number and they will make sure you aren’t charged for any fraudulent activities. They guarantee you a “Zero Fraud Liability”.
- You can feel safe about your card, as the EMV chip technology prevents counterfeiting.
- Your data is kept secure with paperless documentation and everything can be accessed through your online bank account. All mails are marked important to ensure no crucial mail is lost in spam.
Rewards and Cashbacks
- Credit One Bank has various reward cards that promise you up to 5% cashback on your payments. It is big merit because it is very rare to come across credit building cards that give you cashback and rewards. Each card has a different reward scheme from cashback on everyday purchases to cashback on all purchases and rewards in specific stores.
Improves Credit Score
- Credit One Bank’s credit cards are meticulously designed for customers who have a low credit score and want to build it. They do this by updating 3 crucial databases that are used for calculating your credit score, each time you make honor your due payment. The high-interest rate might be a turn-off but that forces you to pay on or before time and hence, improves your payment scores criteria.
They also provide you detailed insights into your Experian Credit Score by giving you a monthly summary and telling you how it changes over a period of time and because of what factors.
According to reviews, Credit One has provided services to people with a credit score as low as 300 (TERRIBLE SCORE!!) and helped them build it to 500 and beyond.
$300 Credit Line
- Usually a minimum credit is hard to decipher because of the extravagant terms & conditions. The majority of the provided minimum credit goes in paying annual expenses and other maintenance charges, but with Credit One’s card, you get a for sure minimum $300 Credit which is precisely presented in their Terms & Conditions.
- You can personalize your card and account the way you like. You get various options to choose from for the design of your card (fee may apply), you can prioritize notifications to keep what’s important for you on top and furthermore you can fix your payment due date.
- The Credit One Bank’s mobile application lets you manage your account anywhere and everywhere, all you need is their application and internet. You can manage your payment, check your payment due date, check your credit score, make payment using google, apple, or Samsung pay, pay bills, and a lot more using their applications or online portal.
Demerits of Credit One Bank A/C
Comparatively Higher Interest Rates
- The card is meant for people looking to build their credit scores, hence, Credit One Bank feels at greater risk and charges higher than usual interest rates on overdue payments. The higher interest rates also make sure the customers pay on time, as this helps in building a credit score. However, the rates may seem steep to normal credit card users.
Volatile Annual Fees
- Well, you do get a few Credit One Bank Credit Cards with $0 annual fees, however, most of them carry an annual charge which is split into monthly payments. The fees go up to $99, but what makes it a demerit is that the fees are not fixed. It varies with your Credit Score, a lower Credit Score would attract higher fees and a higher Score would attract a lower fee. Adding to this, the monthly payment for these fees is another disadvantage, as you might not use the card for a month and assume you have no bill to pay but this annual fee charge creeps up and also charges interest on overdue payment.
Better offers elsewhere
- Credit One Bank offers at max a cashback of 5% in their premium cards, which isn’t at par with other Credit Card Companies who provide way better and handsome offers at lesser interest rates and annual fees. If you are looking for Credit Card with offers and rewards this isn’t definitely for you, but Credit One does provide a deal when it comes to Credit Score building Cards.
3% Transaction Fees
- Foreign transactions attract a 3% fee. If you use your card outside the specified vicinity you will be charged a 3% transaction fee. This applies to stores in foreign lands and even online stores which are beyond the country boundaries. So keep note that you cannot do an international trip with this card as it’ll attract a lot of fees for usage.
Types of Cards
Credit One Bank offers various card options, you can choose what suits your needs the most. Each card provides different offers, read ahead to understand more about them:
Credit One Bank American Express Card
- This card is meant for everyday uses and provides an unlimited 1% cashback rewards on any and every purchase.
- Adding to this you also get the American Express Offers and special benefits.
- The annual fee is $39 and you must have an average – excellent credit score.
Platinum Visa (rebuild Credit)
- This card suits best for everyday purchases as it provides 1% cash back on select purchases.
- You get the freedom to set your due payment day and since this is a card for people who are rebuilding credit, you get regular reviews on your credit line.
- The annual fee ranges from $0 – $99 based on your Credit Score
Platinum Visa (Reward Max)
- This for the shopaholics looking to gain maximum rewards with your credit card. It offers 5% cashback on your initial $5000 purchases and then you get unlimited 1% cashback on all purchases.
- You get an additional 10% more cashback on shopping from select partner merchants.
- The annual fee is $95 and you must have an average – excellent credit score.
Platinum Visa (Rewards, no annual cost)
- This is to make the most of your credit card, as this has a $0 annual fee and a good reward program.
- You get 2% cash back on select purchases and additionally 10% more cashback from partnering merchants.
- You must have an average – excellent credit score.
- Best for earning rewards every day. You get 1% cash back on select purchases and additionally 10% more cashback from partnering merchants.
- You get free access to your online Experian Credit Score.
- The annual fee is $39 and you must have an average credit score.
- This for all those NASCAR fans, as you get 2% cashback in all NASCAR shops and all deals and special rewards from partnering NASCAR merchants.
- You also get a basic 1% cash back on select purchases.
- The annual fee is $0 – $99 based on your credit score and you can have a rebuilding credit score.
VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- This is simply meant for Vegas Golden Knights Fans, you get an amazingly designed card to show off.
- You will get exclusive deals for the Vegas Knight and 1% cash back on select purchases.
- The annual fee is $0 – $99 based on your credit score and you can have a rebuilding credit score.
How To Create a Credit One Bank A/C?
There are two ways to get your Credit One Bank Credit Card:
1) E-mail Invite
- If you already have a low credit score, there are good chances that you will get an invite from Credit One Bank to open your account.
- If you receive such an email, this is what you do-
- Head over to creditonebank.com.
- Click on “Accept Mail Offer”, which is visible on the top bar, or you can click on “menu” (a three-bar icon) and select this option.
- Then you will have to enter your “Approval Card” and “Zip Code” which will be present in your mail.
- Click “Continue” and follow the required steps.
2) From the website and by writing a letter
- If you don’t have a mail from Credit One Bank, you can still create your A/C
- Head over to creditonebank.com
- Click on “See if you pre-qualify” or select a card and click apply.
- You will be asked to enter basic personal information and your income. Based on this, Credit One Bank checks if you qualify and then allows you to apply for the card, which is processed after acceptance.
- If you do not pre-qualify, you can put up a formal application through mail or post for your preferred card.
Credit One Bank has a good Customer Service department. They have a 24/7 toll free number for automated accountant information and to register complaint for stolen card.
1-702-405-2042 (outside the U.S.)
And for Application related information you can contact:
1-800-752-5493 (Monday – Friday – 5:00am to 9:00pm & Saturday – Sunday – 6:30am to 5 pm, Pacific time)
You can also use there mailing addresses for payments, general issues, errors with bill and credit protection.
P.O. Box 60500
City of Industry, CA 91716-0500
For other support:
Credit One Bank
P.O. Box 98873
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8873
For further customer service details visit: creditonebank.com/customer-service
To sum it up, Credit One Bank is the perfect choice for people with low credit score who are trying to rebuild it. They are one of the very few banks, who first of all provide credit to low credit score holders and above that they provide a lot of rewards too!
Yes, their annual fees might seem a little too much especially the different pricing based on score, but that’s a very low amount to pay for rebuilding your credit score. A low credit score brings a lot of restrictions and rejections, Credit One Bank is here to help you with that. Go ahead and get your Credit One Bank card today!