https://aka.ms/yourpc is a companion for your Windows phone that will allow and help you to link your smartphone to your Windows PC. You will be able to access all your information from your phone like notifications, messages, photos from the gallery, apps, and many more on your Windows PC with the help of “Windows Phone App.” aka.ms/yourpc will help you get instant access to everything that you love on your smartphone to your Windows PC.
The https://aka.ms/yourpc will help you mirror and display your smartphones like Windows phones, Samsung phones, and other android devices.
Also Read :-
How to install Your Phone App on Windows 10 PC?
The Microsoft “Your Phone App” is by default pre-installed on your Windows 10 PC but only if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10. However, If you have not updated your Windows PC since October 2018, here are the steps to install the application on your PC:
- Click on the “Start” button on your PC.
- Next, Click on “Settings”.
- Press on “Update Security”.
- Finally, press the option of “Check for updates”.
Now you can download the updated version of your Windows Operating System which will automatically install the application to link your smartphone to your Windows 10 PC.
How to link Phone to Windows using Your Phone App?
Follow these instructions if you want to link your phone to Windows 10 PC using “Your Phone App”:
- Click on the “Start” button of your PC.
- Click on the “Microsoft Store” button.
- Open “Your Phone App” and search for “Your Computer”
- Now finally, you will have to open “Your Phone App” on your PC and click on “Send Notification” to get approval from your phone to link it to your Windows 10 PC.
How to download aka.ms/yourpc app for Android 7 and above?
- If you wish to check the compatibility of your smartphone device with aka.ms/yourpc app, visit https://aka.ms/yourpc link.
- You will now be redirected to a new window – “Google play store”. From here you have to download and install the app- “Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows PC.”
- Once you have successfully installed the application “Your Phone Companion”, you will have to open the Microsoft App and click on the “Sign in button with Microsoft”.
- If you wish to use the QR code to sign in, click on “is there a QR code on your PC”
- Click on the “Continue” button on the Microsoft App after installing it.
- Now the “Allow” permission from the pop-up.
- Now, click on “Allow” on “Your Phone Companion” and you will be easily able to view as well as send messages.
- If you wish to manage and make phone calls, then you have to click on the enable Your Phone Companion button on your app.
- Enable “Your Phone Companion to access your contacts”.
- Click on “Continue” in “Let’s stay connected”.
Which Android version can use “Your Phone App” to link your Smartphone to Windows 10 PC?
The minimum requirement in order to use and run “Your Phone App” and link your phone to your PC is Andriod 7.0
If you do not know which android version does your phone run on, you can check it by following these steps:
- Click on the “settings” icon on your smartphone.
- Click on “system”.
- Click on “About phone”.
- Here you can find out your “Andriod Version”.
If you have any other queries or difficulties regarding aka.ms/yourpc, you can visit the Official Microsoft Support Website at – “https://support.microsoft.com”
Frequently Asked Questions (aka.ms/yourpc)
1.Your Phone app is not displaying the phone screen
You can follow these steps if the phone screen is not being displayed:
- Search “Your Phone App” on your Windows PC.
- Right-click on it and select “App settings”.
- Click on the “Reset” button. The app will reset to default and the issue should be resolved.
2.Is Your Phone App compatible with iPhone?
No, “Your Phone App” is only compatible with certain Android devices that have Android version 7.0 or above.
3.How do you remove a phone from “Your Phone App”?
- Click on the “Start” button on your Windows PC and then click on the settings icon.
- Click on the phone section in the settings.
- A new window will open that will display all the devices that are linked to your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the phone that you wish to unlink and remove.
- This will remove your selected phone from “Your Phone App”.
Wrapping It Up
This article might help you with all your queries and questions regarding https://aka.ms/yourpc. This article will give you detailed step-by-step instructions to link your smartphone to “Your Phone App” which will help your display your smartphone screen to your Windows 10 PC.